Facility and Activity Details
West Wing Main Ablution Block
A modern clean & very practical facility - built with families in mind.
- Three family size showers here that will make it easy for parents to take their kids into the shower.
- Baby baths and a changing table are free for you to use.
- High-speed Internet access, and a communal kitchen with cooktops, microwaves, fridge/freezers, coin operated laundry facilities with washing machines, dryers and laundry tubs
- large undercover outdoor BBQ area with lots of room for Al fresco dining. Cook your 'Catch of the Day'!.
- Over the summer holidays, we show children's movies at night
River Mouth Fishing for Kahawai
We are the 'Kahawai Capital of the World'
At certain times of the year Kahawai will run the river in hundreds chasing bait fish. Call us to find out when they are running and experience something very special.
During the summer holidays we have a patroled and flagged beach area near the camping ground.
Middle of the Ablution Block
Kitchen facility, Laundry and High Speed Internet
- Communal kitchen with cooktops, microwaves, fridge/freezers
- Coin operated laundry facilities with washing machines, dryers and laundry tubs
- High-speed Internet access
A Public toilet is close to the safe swimming area which comes in handy.
East Wing of Ablution Block
A Large Covered Dining Area and Outdoor Covered BBQ's
- Electric BBQ's
- Large covered area for dining
Safe Swimming Area
Just inside the mouth of the Thornton River is a beach are with fresh water safe for swimming.
A Large Jumping Pillow sits beside our recreational area.
Nextdoor to the Holiday Park is a nice playground
We have Berg Go-Karts on site to keep kids of all ages busy and entertained! These karts are fun & fitness in one. The seats move forward & back to suit many different sizes.
200m from the park entrance is the Thornton Boat Ramp. Launch your boat here and go fishing for Snapper.
Reception & Basic Supplies
Enquire about accomodation, activities or buy some essentials here.
Take kids fishing at the Wharf. Mullett, Herring and now and again Kahawai.